Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New York, New York

Check out my blog links...JetBlue is offering $29 seat sales! I wish that they flew into Winnipeg so I could take advantage of that sale.

JetBlue is based out of JFK airport in NYC, which got me thinking about what a great city New York is. I visited 10 days before Christmas 2006 and although it was a short trip, it was jam packed and a perfect way to experience the city.

If you go - and I highly recommend that you do - stay in downtown Manhattan. Hint...want to feel like a rockstar and get rockstar treatment? Stay at the W Hotel in Times Square.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1234

Not quite up for the rockstar bill? Try www.hotwire.com for deals or try www.expedia.ca where you can put together flight and hotel packages. I stayed at the Sheraton Mid-Town, which is a few blocks from Central Park, Times Square, and 5th Avenue shopping among other things.

So once you have a place to stay, grab those walking shoes you brought along and hit the pavement to start exploring. Hungry? Stop in at a deli for a sandwich and your first authentic taste of New York.

More to come...





Settled inBring some good walking shoes and

No comments:

Post a Comment